The Leatt GPX 5.5 V11 Helmet redefines head and neck protection. A company renowned for safety gear, Leatt has finally released its own off-road helmet. Rather than stick the Leatt name onto a design that is similar to existing ATV or motorcycle helmets, the GPX series of helmets adds innovative new protective features. But of course, would you expect anything less from Leatt?
The GPX 5.5 helmet features a composite matrix shell with an innovative V-Foam EPS (expanded polystyrene) liner enhances the helmet's protection while keeping it smaller than competitors. The smaller shell size allows the Leatt helmet to attain new levels of lightness – an important feature for a helmet as it both increases the rider's comfort but also decreases the rotational energy delivered to the head and brain in a crash.
Leatt has introduced other cutting-edge features as well. For example, the 360° Turbine technology offers two important helmet protective measures. It allows the helmet to absorb more force from a low-energy impact, but it also combats rotational energy as well. In fact, one of the ways that the Leatt GPX helmet line sets itself apart from other ATV and dirt bike helmets is the reduction of rotational acceleration.
Of course, Leatt has also taken great care to design a helmet with comfort in mind in addition to safety. That's why the GPX helmet features an impressive ventilation system with an innovative design that allows for great airflow. The helmet is also built to accommodate other great Leatt gear, including the legendary Leatt neck brace as well as hydration packs.
There are no doubts about it. If you are looking for a helmet that features the latest safety technology in an attractive and comfortable package, the Leatt GPX 5.5 helmet is for you.
360° Turbine Technology
- Up to 30% reduction of head impact at concussion level
- Up to 40% reduction of rotational acceleration to head and brain
- Improves multiple-impact protection
Reduced Outer Shell Volume
- A smaller helmet shell reduces forces transferred to the neck
- A 10% smaller shell transfers up to 20% less rotational forces to the head & brain
3D In-Molded V-Foam
- Multi density V-shaped impact foam molded to the outer shell
- Significantly reduces G-forces transferred to the head & brain
- Increased absorption, slimmer and a stiffer structure than a normal helmet foam
Optimal Neck Brace Compatibility
- Specially designed helmet features and shape to take full advantage of the Leatt neck brace design
- Rear hyperextension impact platform with neck brace optimized shape
Quattro Force Control
- Composite matrix reduced outer volume shell in 3 sizes
- 3D in-molded V-Foam for maximum energy absorption
- 360° Turbine Technology for concussion level impact protection
- 360° Turbine Technology for reduction of rotational acceleration
- Effective even at very low speeds
- Optimized for off-road racing
Visor with breakaway function for rotational reduction in a crash
Low friction cheek pads for emergency removal
Moisture-wicking, breathable, antimicrobial and washable liner
DOT and ECE certified
For proper fit and size of your Leatt helmet, measure the circumference of your head 1" above your eyebrows and around the largest portion of the back of your head.
21 5/8" – 22" ------------- Small
22 1/2" – 22 3/4" --------- Medium
23 1/4" – 23 5/8" --------- Large
24" – 24 1/2" ------------- X-Large
24 3/4" – 25 1/5" --------- XX-Large
Overall a great helmet. The medium fits a little smaller than my medium fly helmet and weighs half as much. Plenty of airflow and breathability. The front of the helmet does slightly push on the bottom of my goggles but isn’t bad.
This helmet is extremely lightweight and well ventilated, I got it as it was sized perfectly for my head. Ive had a few hard wipeouts so far and so far so good when it comes to protection and not breaking the visor etc. Highly recommend this. Also the color is a gray base not black in case of monitor settings.