Designed as a companion piece to the Sand 3 Jacket, the Sand 3 Pants are an upgrade to the Sand 2 that has managed to take an already great pant and improve on nearly every aspect. Venting is increased, protection has been heightened, and the materials in the pant are more durable overall.
Specifically, the outer shell material is now a ripstop polyester for an extra bit of toughness and the abrasion prone areas are still beefed up with high denier reinforcement. Venting is greatly increased over the Sand 2 as well with two new zippered vents on the thighs giving better circulation with the liners out and letting the pants perform much better in warm weather.
The pockets have been slightly reworked so what used to be slash pockets are now straight zippered pockets that’re much easier to access. Finally the armor gets a big upgrade to CE level 2 Seeflex™ at the knees and level 1 SeeSmart armor at the hips, that on the Sand 2 weren’t included at all.
With these upgrades the Sand 3 is a healthy revision to previous generations of the pant so now it’s more comfortable and more capable, but still affordable at a mid-300 dollar price; making it one of the best adventure pants for mid-level riders that want a rock-solid option.
-Outer shell: polyester ripstop, PWR
-Shell 2: 500D, polyester 600D, PWR
-Shell 3: 500D stretch, sure grip, Lorica®
- Insulation: detachable thermal liner
- Waterproofing: Detachable Hydratex liner
- Protection: SEEFLEX™ Level 2 CE protection at knees
-SEESMART™ CE-level 1 type B hip protector insert - version RV33
- Visibility: laminated reflection on the calves
- Fit: Tour fit, regular
- Adjustments: Adjustment strap at waist, adjustment tab at ankles
- Ventilation: VCS | zippers at upper legs
- Pockets: Stash pockets, hand pocket
- Features: stretch panel at back and waistband, short and long connection zipper, adjustable protector pockets, calf zippers, grip panel at seat, YKK slide lock front closure