The updated Torrid 2.0 softshell heated vest brings you the ultimate comfort and heating performance. Utilizing a four-way stretch softshell fabric and patented Microwire heating technology, this great vest warms up in seconds with a touch of a button and provides hours of continuous heat to keep you warm during any cold-weather activity.
This garment is breathable, flexible, and highly durable to withstand extended use. The added water-repellent finish enhances the performance of the garment in wet conditions. To enhance the warmth of the garment, the soft shell is bonded to a fleece lining which provides added comfort with an excellent next-to-skin feel.
Gerbing Torrid 2.0 Softshell Vest Features:
- Four Microwire heating zones: Chest (2), Back (1) & Neck (1)
- DWR finish repels snow and rain
- 135° F Maximum heat
- Active heat retention technology
- Heats for hours
- Water and Wind Resistant
- Ideal mid-layer or outerwear piece
- Comfortable & Stylish Fit
- Battery Integrated Temperature Controller
The battery has 4 heat settings as indicated by lights and Heat Times:
- 100% (4 red/blue lights) - 2 Hours
- 75% (3 red/blue lights) - 3 Hours
- 50% (2 red/blue lights) - 5 Hours
- 25% (1 red/blue lights) - 8 Hours
Charging Battery: (It is recommend charging overnight for the first charge.)
Charge 100% before use (a full charge takes about 3 hours).
A red light will appear on the wall charger when charging.
The red light will change to green when charged.
Maintain at least 25% power when the battery is not in use. *This practice will prolong the life of any 7V battery.
How it Works:
- Step 1: Power on by pressing and holding the power button.
- Step 2: To change temperature, press and hold the power button until the LED light reflects desired setting. *Power level setting can only be indicated when connected to the garment.
- Step 3: Check remaining battery life by disconnecting the battery from the product. Press and hold the power button, the LED indicator will show 1 to 4 lights. LED lights to indicate remaining power will illuminate (4 lights are full power).
Turning on the Heat:
- Step 1: Locate the power pocket; it will be on the wearer's left outer pocket.
- Step 2: Open the pocket and locate the power plug.
- Step 3: Turn on the battery by holding the power button until it lights up.
- Step 4: Insert the plug into the battery port and push it down to secure it in the plug holder.
- Step 5: Push the power button on the battery to select the setting you would like.
- Step 6: Place the battery into a pocket and close the pocket.