Using an advanced knee-brace design, Leatt has taken a new approach to knee protection with the C-Frame Pro Carbon Knee Brace (LEFT knee). Instead of using the typical "cage" type brace design, Leatt uses their unique C-Frame design that’s centered around a single hinge and three distinct points of force distribution—the upper thigh, the inner knee, and the outer calf. With these contact points, the brace is able to prevent lateral injuries to the meniscus and the MCL.
The C-Frame’s hinge also uses dual pivot points in its design in order to mimic the knee’s natural motion without feeling awkward or restrictive. With its exceptional strength and adjustable hyper-extension stops/inserts, this type of hinge not only protects you from ACL injuries, it also gives you more control and a better feel of your bike since there’s no hinge on the inside of your knee against the bike. The C-Frame Pro Carbon also uses an ultra-stiff, lightweight chassis to make sure the brace stays in the correct position on your leg and provides optimal performance.
The carbon fiber contoured shin plate stabilizes the brace on your lower leg, but it also protects your shin bone from potential brakes, reduces the brace’s physical dimensions so it can easily fit in the top of your boot, and accommodates a wider range of calf sizes compared to traditional double-beam designs. With all the precision engineering and clever biomechanics in the brace, Leatt has made the C-Frame Pro Carbon one of the safest, most comfortable, and most advanced knee braces currently on the market.
- Single brace specifically designed and fit for the LEFT knee
- Lack of interior hinge gives superior feel/comfort and improved bike control
- Multiple points of fit adjustment provide individual comfort
- Mono hinge uses dual pivots to mimic the knee’s natural movement
- Low profile design reduces bulk and fits in boots
- Adjustable/interchangeable hyperextension inserts help prevent ACL injuries without sacrificing rider ergonomics or range of motion
- Contoured shin plate stabilizes brace, allows for large calf sizes
- Very low profile inner knee for superior bike feel
- Comfortable, low profile shin bone plate with load distribution pad that fits inside all boots
- Certified as medical device: USA FDA 10048761
- CE tested and certified as impact protection: Knee EN1621-1
- CE certified knee protector/cup
- Durable cast aluminum and carbon fiber frame
- Double-link hinge has two pivot points and sealed bearings inside for smooth operation
- Engineered lab tested built in fracture points:
- The C-Frame chassis brakes before the threshold for injuring: shin bone (Tibia), and thigh bone (Femur)
- Reduces forces that can cause injury to:
- Hyper extension limitations 10, 15, 20 and 25° for ACL injury reduction
- Hyper flexion limitation. Fixed hyper flexion stopper for meniscus injury reduction
- 3-point force distribution disperses impacts and increases knee stability
- Floating knee cup protects knee throughout its full range of motion
- Handlebar protection plate protects upper knee/lower thigh from impacting handlebars while standing
- Sized in inches measured around mid-thigh:
SM-MD.....17.5" - 19.5"
LG-XL.....19.5" - 23"
2XL.....23" - 25"