In Gaerne’s line of off-road boots, the SG10 stands as the little brother to the apex-predator SG12, providing pro-level protection at a slightly more-affordable price point that’s within the reach of more riders. The SG10 has more similarities with the 12 than differences. You still get a very stiff, traditionally stitched sole, excellent comfort with antimicrobial interior linings and memory foam padding throughout, and a robust set of alloy buckles that are some of the easiest to use on any off-road boot.
The main differences found on the SG10 include a dual hinge system with traditional hinges instead of the glide plate system on the SG12, and a calf opening/shin plate that is non-adjustable. Protection is kept on par with the SG12 as the SG10 still has a large layout of hard impact protection on the exterior, a very stiff lower with heavily reinforced toe box and heel cup, and the Razorback system that supports the ankle and prevents hyperextension and hyperflexion.
All in, the SG10 is a serious alternative to the SG12 if you’re looking to save a few bucks. Support and protection are some of the highest you’ll find and comfort doesn’t suffer in the slightest because of that rigidity. That makes the SG10 ideal for track and mx riders that love a solid, traditionally styled boot.
- Lightweight upper combines microfiber inserts and PU protections.
- Razorback pivot system grants a strong lateral support, preventing ankle twisting and without compromising the flexibility.
- Closure system made of lightweight and replaceable buckles, Velcro on the top for a precise fit closure.
- By removing the first two buckles on the top, it is possible to make the opening wider to accommodate a bigger leg or knee-brace.
- Rubber grip guard for an exceptional grip of the bike and heat protection.
- Dual composite rubber sole.
- Memory cell PU inner foam liner.